Things to do in and around Wilderness
Situated within the Constantia Kloof Conservancy and the Garden Route National Park, Livingstone Villa Luxury Self-catering House in Wilderness, Garden Route is the perfect base for discovering the Garden Route and surroundings.
- Action and adventure: Eden Adventures offers kloofing, abseiling and canoeing in and around Wilderness. You can also go mountain biking, surfing and paragliding in the area.
- Arts and antiques: Visit the Beatrix Bosch Art Studio (she is the only leather artist in South Africa). Peter Pharoah Art is a great place to find and buy new artworks, while Lammers Antiques is a must-visit for lovers of vintage goods.
- Beaches: Wilderness beach has soft white sand and is seldom crowded out of season. Great surf on good days. Head to Dolphin Point to see whales and dolphins cavort in the waves in-season. Shore and rock-based fishing are popular.
- Markets and events: The Wild Oats Organic Market (Saturday mornings) and the Friday Evenings Village Market both offer great shopping and eating opportunities. Make a trip out to nearby George for the annual George Cheese Festival each winter.
- Nature lovers: The Africa Mountain Forests Habitat is unique to the Wilderness Area. Visit the Wilderness-Sedgefield Waterbird Conservancy and national park trails. Try out the Woodville Big Tree Circular Walk, or a Power Van trip into the Outeniqua Mountains - both great for families.
The Big tree
The Big Tree in the Tsitsikamma stretches its distinctive yellowwood leaves skywards, towering over the other trees in the canopy. This tree is estimated to be between 600 and 800 years old and is well worth a special visit.
Map of Africa
The 'Map of Africa' is an extraordinary viewpoint at Wilderness Heights
Tsitsikamma - the Garden of the Garden Route welcomes you - Tsitsikamma is a Khoi word meaning “place of abundant or sparkling water”.
Spa's in and around Wilderness